Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 212,000 jobs from January to February, according to the February 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete employment report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/February/NER/NER-February-2015.aspx.
“While February’s job gains came in slightly lower than recent months, the trend of solid growth above 200,000 jobs per month continued,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the February Employment Report.
February 2015 Employment Report Highlights Include:*
By Company Size
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 94,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 63,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 56,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 31,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 181,000 jobs.
- Construction added 31,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing added 3,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 31,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 20,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 34,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The March 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on April 1, 2015.
Employment Report Blogs from ESR News
For past employment report blogs from ESR News, please visit https://www.esrcheck.com/wordpress/tag/jobs-report/.