Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Private sector employment in the United States increased by 189,000 jobs from February to March led by growth in small business, according to the March 2015 ADP National Employment Report® (NER). The complete employment report is available at http://www.adpemploymentreport.com/2015/March/NER/NER-March-2015.aspx.
“March job gains came in under 200,000 for the first time since January of last year. The decline was centered in the largest companies, those with 1000 or more employees,” Carlos Rodriguez, president and chief executive officer of ADP, stated in a press release about the March Employment Report.
March 2015 Employment Report Highlights Include:*
By Company Size:
- Small businesses representing payrolls with 1 to 49 employees added 108,000 jobs.
- Medium businesses representing payrolls with 50 to 499 employees added 61,000 jobs.
- Large businesses representing payrolls with 500 or more employees added 19,000 jobs.
- Goods producing sector added 5,000 jobs.
- Service providing sector added 184,000 jobs.
- Construction added 17,000 jobs.
- Manufacturing lost 1,000 jobs.
- Trade/transportation/utilities added 25,000 jobs.
- Financial activities added 16,000 jobs.
- Professional/business services added 40,000 jobs.
* Sum of components may not equal total due to rounding.
The ADP National Employment Report is published monthly by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics and provides a monthly snapshot of U.S. nonfarm private sector employment based on actual transactional payroll data. The April 2015 ADP National Employment Report will be released on April 29, 2015.
ESR Provides Background Checks on Job Seekers for Employers
Many job seekers undergo some form of background check before being hired by employers. Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – ‘The Background Check Authority®’ – is a nationwide background screening firm accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NABPS). For more information about background check services from ESR, please call toll free 888.999.4474 or visit http://www.esrcheck.com/.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.