Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present an Audio Conference with The Industry Calendar titled ‘Background Checks And Safe Hiring: Trends, Legal Developments, And Best Practices In 2015’ on Tuesday, May 5, 2015 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time. For more information about the event, please visit http://www.theindustrycalendar.com/showWCDetails.asp?TCID=1014708.
“Employers have long recognized that conducting due diligence on new hires is a mission critical task,” says Rosen, author of ‘The Safe Hiring Manual,’ the first comprehensive guide to background checks. “Employers can be sued for negligent hiring if they hire someone they should have known, through the exercise of due diligence, was dangerous, unfit, dishonest, or unqualified.”
In this program – which has been approved for 1.5 recertification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) – attendees will learn legally-complaint best practices a firm can utilize to avoid a bad hire, yet keep productive and out of court. Rosen will cover:
- The current trends, best practices, and legal developments affecting due diligence and hiring.
- Cutting-edge issues such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports.
- Guidance for using social networking sites.
- Tips for international background screening.
- Steps for dealing with resume fraud.
- Best practices for handling temporary workers, privacy, and off-shoring of personal data.
- Tools to protect against workplace violence.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in 1997, and the firm is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). He is a frequent presenter on safe hiring issues and his “ESR Speaks” appearances have included numerous national and statewide conferences. For more information about future speaking appearances, visit https://www.esrcheck.com/Stay-Updated/ESR-Speaks/.
© 2015 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.