Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
To help employers stay up to date with evolving trends in the background check industry, Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), will present a live webinar for the Clear Law Institute entitled “Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2016” on Monday, May 2, 2016, from 3:00 PM to 4:15 PM ET / 12:00 PM to 1:15 PM PT. To register for the event, click here.
In the webinar hosted by Rosen – the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” and a frequent speaker on background check issues with the “ESR Speaks” program – attendees will learn about the top ten background check trends and best practices for 2016, as well as how their organization can comply with the law and avoid both a lawsuit and a bad hire. The topics covered in the webinar by Rosen will include:
- The implications of the new “Ban the Box” movement for employers.
- The increase in class action lawsuits under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) position on using criminal records in the background check process.
- International background check privacy issues.
- Governmental oversight and enforcement of background check laws.
- Why background check programs are mission critical for employers.
- Steps employers can take immediately to help ensure legal compliance and avoid class action lawsuits
The webinar has been approved for 1.25 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Clear Law Institute is also recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. The webinar is valid for 1.25 PDCs.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), a global background check provider located in the San Francisco, California-area, in 1997. He is a graduate of the University of California – Davis School of Law. ESR is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS®). For more information about ESR, please visit https://www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this web site is for educational purposes only.
© 2016 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.