Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, founder and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (ESR), will present a live webinar for Aurora Training Advantage entitled “Background Checks and Legal Compliance – How to Hire the Best and Stay Out of Court” on Tuesday, May 17, 2016 from 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. ET / 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. PT.
During the webinar, Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will explain that many companies do not fully understand the laws and regulations that must be complied with when using background checks to screen applicants. Attendees will receive information needed to conduct thorough and compliant background checks. The agenda includes:
- Compliance with the 2012 Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) Guidance on the use of criminal records.
- Compliance with the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) that regulates background checks.
- The impact of state laws on background checks.
- Laws on credit reports, social media passwords, and offshoring personal information.
- How to rescind job offers after finding convictions on background checks.
- Should an employer “ban the box” on an application form?
“Don’t let your company’s background checks turn into a compliance nightmare,” says Rosen, a frequent speaker nationwide on background checks as part of the “ESR Speaks” training program. For more information about this webinar on background checks, visit http://auroratrainingadvantage.com/webinars/background-checks-legal-compliance/.
Rosen founded Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in 1997 and the company is accredited by the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the NAPBS and served as first co-chairman. For more information, visit https://www.esrcheck.com/.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this web site is for educational purposes only.
© 2016 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.