Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen will host a webinar entitled “What Contingent Workforce Professionals Need to Know About Due Diligence and Background Checks: Trends, Legal Updates and Best Practices” on Wednesday, February 21, 2018, from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM Pacific Time for Contingent Workforce Professionals (CWP). To register for the event, click here.
A “contingent workforce” can include independent contractors, consultants, temps, freelancers, and part-time workers. A 2015 Contingent Work Supplement (CWS) survey estimated the “contingent workforce” with workers in non-traditional employer-employee relationships could be “more than a third of the total employed labor force.” During the 90 minute webinar, Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will help attendees:
- Understand the due diligence responsibilities and potential liabilities of contingent workforce providers.
- Review potential landmines and pitfalls around international background checks on contingent workers from outside the United States
- Get updated on class action lawsuits under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Review how “Ban the Box” laws and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) impact the use of criminal records.
- Review potential limitations and legal issues surrounding the use of social media web sites to source and screen candidates.
- Audit current background screening practices in order to minimize legal exposure.
Rosen is a noted background check expert who has spoken at conferences nationwide for more than a decade with the “ESR Speaks” program to help employers better understand background checks. He will also present two sessions at the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 2018 Talent Management Conference & Exposition in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 17, 2018, and April 18, 2018.
Contingent Workforce Professionals (CWP) is the only national membership association for high-level professionals working in Human Resources, Procurement, and Risk/compliance fields related to the Contingent Workforce. CWP offers networking opportunities for regularly sharing best practices and emerging trends with industry leaders in the field. To learn more, visit www.cwprofessionals.org/.
ESR Whitepaper on Screening Contingent Workforce
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check firm – offers solutions for screening the expanding Contingent Workforce, which is expected to reach 43 percent of the U.S. workforce by 2020. ESR also offers a complimentary whitepaper entitled “Background Screening of Extended Workforce Necessary to Compete in Modern Economy” to help employers properly screen the contingent workforce.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2018 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.