Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
On December 10, 2019, LinkedIn – the world’s largest professional network with nearly 660 million users in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide – introduced its third annual LinkedIn United States 2020 Emerging Jobs Report that revealed Artificial Intelligence (AI) Specialist is the fastest-growing job in the U.S. with an annual growth of 74 percent. The complete report is available here.
The LinkedIn United States 2020 Emerging Jobs Report identified the top 15 jobs that have emerged over the last five years, the skills uniquely associated with them, and the industries and cities hiring this emerging workforce. The report found Artificial Intelligence and data science roles continued to proliferate across nearly every industry. Here are the top 15 emerging jobs in the U.S. for 2020 according to LinkedIn:
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist (74 percent annual growth)
- Robotics Engineer (40 percent annual growth)
- Data Scientist (37 percent annual growth)
- Full Stack Engineer (35 percent annual growth)
- Site Reliability Engineer (34 percent annual growth)
- Customer Success Specialist (34 percent annual growth)
- Sales Development Representative (34 percent annual growth)
- Data Engineer (33 percent annual growth)
- Behavioral Health Technician (32 percent annual growth)
- Cybersecurity Specialist (30 percent annual growth)
- Back End Developer (30 percent annual growth)
- Chief Revenue Officer (28 percent annual growth)
- Cloud Engineer (27 percent annual growth)
- Product Owner (24 percent annual growth)
The Emerging Jobs analysis is based on all LinkedIn members with a public profile that have held a full-time position within the U.S. during the past five years. Once the talent pool has been identified, LinkedIn then calculates the share of hiring and Compound Annual Growth Rate for each occupation between 2015 and 2019 to identify the roles with the largest rate of hiring growth.
The LinkedIn 2020 Emerging Jobs Report shows which jobs are growing fastest around the world, what that means for the global workforce, and features individual reports for Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Netherlands, Singapore, the United Kingdom, and the United States. All reports are available at https://business.linkedin.com/talent-solutions/emerging-jobs-report#select-country/two-zero-two-zero.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background screening provider – offers background check services for employers, industry specific solutions, and award-winning screening technology. ESR was named a top pre-employment screening service company for enterprise organizations by HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2019 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.