Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check provider – has released its 13th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2020 that features emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. The complete list of top background check trends is at www.esrcheck.com/Tools-Resources/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends/.
Since 2008, ESR has selected background check trends that have substantially impacted the future of the background screening industry. For 2020, each trend was announced on the ESR News Blog and listed on the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” web page with an increased focus on information security of screening firms topping the list. Here are the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2020:
- 1. FCRA Lawsuits Will Still Target Employers and Background Check Firms Despite Spokeo Ruling
- 2. Automated Hiring Using Artificial Intelligence to Eliminate Bias Will Remain a Work in Progress
- 3. Gig Economy Businesses Will Take Background Checks of On Demand Workers More Seriously
- 4. Ban the Box Laws and Second Chance Programs that Help Ex-Offenders Find Work Will Spread
- 5. U.S. Government Agencies Will Take Closer Look at Background Screening Industry
- 6. Equal Pay Discrimination Lawsuits Will Make Employers Focus on Salary History Question Bans
- 7. Professional Background Screening Association Will Grow as International Organization
- 8. Laws that Mitigate Impact of Positive Workplace Drug Test Results for Marijuana Will Spread
- 9. Background Screening Industry Will Experience Consolidation and Commoditization
- 10. Timeliness of Service and Cost Will Remain Challenges Employers Face with Background Screening Providers
Attorney Lester Rosen – the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of ESR and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – will host a live complimentary webinar entitled “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2020” that will take place on Thursday, February 27, 2020, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Noon Pacific Standard Time. To register, visit https://info.esrcheck.com/resources/webinar/2020-top-ten-background-check-trends.
Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) – formerly the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) – and served as the first co-chair. His speaking appearances have included numerous national conferences and he has been quoted in many news stories involving safe hiring and background checks.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global provider of background checks – is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework, and was named a top background screening service company for enterprise organizations in the 2019 HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen. To learn more about services from ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2020 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.