Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen – founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – will host a live complimentary webinar titled “Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2020” that will take place on Thursday, February 27, 2020, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM Pacific Standard Time. To register, visit https://info.esrcheck.com/resources/webinar/2020-top-ten-background-check-trends.
Since 2008, ESR has selected background check trends that have substantially impacted the future of the background screening industry. For 2020, each trend was announced on the ESR News Blog and listed on the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” web page with an increased focus on information security of screening firms topping the list. Here are the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2020:
- 1. FCRA Lawsuits Will Still Target Employers and Background Check Firms Despite Spokeo Ruling
- 2. Automated Hiring Using Artificial Intelligence to Eliminate Bias Will Remain a Work in Progress
- 3. Gig Economy Businesses Will Take Background Checks of On Demand Workers More Seriously
- 4. Ban the Box Laws and Second Chance Programs that Help Ex-Offenders Find Work Will Spread
- 5. U.S. Government Agencies Will Take Closer Look at Background Screening Industry
- 6. Equal Pay Discrimination Lawsuits Will Make Employers Focus on Salary History Question Bans
- 7. Professional Background Screening Association Will Grow as International Organization
- 8. Laws that Mitigate Impact of Positive Workplace Drug Test Results for Marijuana Will Spread
- 9. Background Screening Industry Will Experience Consolidation and Commoditization
- 10. Timeliness of Service and Cost Will Remain Challenges Employers Face with Background Screening Providers
Rosen – author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” – was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA), a non-profit organization representing the screening industry formerly known as the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), and served as first co-chair. His speaking appearances include numerous national conferences.
The webinar was approved for 1.0 general recertification credit hours toward general recertification through the HR Certification Institute (HRCI).Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is recognized by the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This webinar is valid for 1.0 PDC(s) for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
In January of 2020, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) released its 13th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2020 that features emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. The complete list of top background check trends is available at www.esrcheck.com/Tools-Resources/ESR-Top-Ten-Background-Check-Trends/.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading a global background check firm – is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework, and was named a top background screening service company in 2019 for enterprise organizations by HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen. To learn more about services from ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2020 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.