Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) is offering its members several courses in the SHRM eLearning Library that are presented by background screening expert Attorney Lester Rosen, the founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of leading global background check firm Employment Screening Resources® (ESR).
Rosen – the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual” and frequent speaker nationwide on background check issues – presented the following courses about background screening at various SHRM conferences in the past few years. All courses are available to SHRM members in the SHRM eLearning Library at https://elearning.shrm.org:
- Legal and Effective Reference Checking, Credential and Education Verification (2020 SHRM Talent Management Conference)
- The Use of Criminal Records in Hiring: Land Mines and Opportunities for Employers (2019 SHRM Talent Management Conference)
- A Strategic Approach to a Legally Compliant and Effective Background Screening Program (2018 SHRM Annual Conference)
- Legal and Effective Reference Checking, Credential and Education Verification (2017 SHRM Talent Management Conference)
- Social Media Background Screening. Is it Right for My Company? (2017 SHRM Talent Management Conference)
- SMART STAGE: The Case for Hiring Slow and Firing Fast (2017 SHRM Talent Management Conference)
- A Strategic Approach to a Legally Compliant and Effective Background Screening Program (2017 SHRM Annual Conference)
SHRM – the largest HR organization in the world – creates better workplaces where employers and employees thrive together. With more than 300,000 HR and business executive members in 165 countries, SHRM impacts the lives of more than 115 million workers and families globally. To learn more about SHRM, visit www.shrm.org.
Rosen was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) – formerly known as the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) – and served as the first co-chair. In 2019, he received the PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – which Rosen founded in Northern California in 1997 – is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual (SSAE 18) SOC 2 Type 2 audits, and was named one of the top background screening firms by HRO Today Magazine in 2019. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2020 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.