Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, the founder of Employment Screening Resources (ESR) and the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” will present a session for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) at the 2022 SHRM Talent Conference & Expo being held Virtually and in Denver, Colorado from April 10 to 13, 2022.
Rosen will present a session titled “The Top Ten Trends for Background Checks in 2022 – What Every Employer Needs to Know” from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Mountain Time on Tuesday, April 12, 2022. Problem employees cause employee problems, and this session will help HR professionals avoid bad hires. Attendees will:
- Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission-critical for employers.
- Understand the basics of a negligent hiring lawsuit and defenses that work and do not work.
- Avoid class action lawsuits under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Get acquainted with issues such as the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) focusing on criminal records.
- Learn how to spot fraudulent employment and education credentials.
- Understand the importance of giving ex-offenders a second chance and compliance with “Ban the Box” laws.
- Learn steps organizations can take to implement a legally compliant program and to hire the best employees.
Rosen is a consultant, expert witness, and frequent presenter nationwide on safe hiring issues. He was the chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) and served as the first co-chairman in 2004. He received the PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019.
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – a service offering of ClearStar, a leading provider of Human Capital Integrity℠ technology-based services – offers background check solutions that help HR professionals make informed decisions regarding workers and the workplace. To learn more, contact ESR today.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – a service offering of ClearStar – does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2022 Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – A Service Offering of ClearStar – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.
Share on Social Media