Written By Digital Content Editor Thomas Ahearn
The United States economy added 263,000 jobs and the unemployment rate was unchanged at 3.7 percent in November 2022, according to “The Employment Situation” jobs report released by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Notable job gains occurred in leisure and hospitality, health care, and government.
- Leisure and hospitality added 88,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Health care added 45,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Government added 42,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Other services added 24,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Social assistance added 23,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Construction added 20,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Information added 19,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Manufacturing added 14,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Financial activities added 14,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Professional and technical services added 6,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Transportation and warehousing lost 15,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Retail trade lost 30,000 jobs in November 2022.
- Mining and wholesale trade showed little change in November 2022.
The change in total employment for September 2022 was revised from 315,000 jobs added to 269,000 jobs added while October 2022 was revised from 261,000 jobs added to 284,000 jobs added. With these revisions, employment in September 2022 and October 2022 combined was 23,000 jobs lower than previously reported.
“The Employment Situation” is usually released on the first Friday of every month. The jobs report for December 2022 is scheduled to be released on Friday, January 6, 2023. The report is available online each month at http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.nr0.htm and www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf.
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) is a service offering of ClearStar, a leading Human Resources technology company specializing in background checks, drug testing, and occupational health screening. ClearStar offers background check services to help employers fill vacant positions. To learn more, contact ClearStar.
Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – a service offering of ClearStar – does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2022 Employment Screening Resources (ESR) – A Service Offering of ClearStar – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.
Share on Social Media