ESR provides a robust solution that simplifies the process enabling employers to compliantly verify work status and electronically capture and retain required Form I-9 information without redundant data entry.
Form I-9 and E-Verify are post-employment functions that confirm employment eligibility of new hires. ESR provides a robust solution that simplifies the process enabling employers to compliantly verify work status and electronically capture and retain required Form I-9 information without redundant data entry.
Robust Solution Solves Your Form I-9 and E-Verify Challenges
Who May Legally Work in the U.S.?
Citizens of the United States
Noncitizen nationals of the United States
Lawful Permanent Residents
Aliens authorized to work.
Employers are required to verify the identity and employment authorization documents of employees hired after 11/6/1986. Not required for have Form I-9 for employees hired on or before this date.
Complete and retain a Form I-9 for each employee.
Employers may delegate authority to complete the Form I-9 to a third party, but, employer still retains liability for any errors.
Includes 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
E-Verify is an employment eligibility verification program run by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that provides access to federal databases to determine the legal right of newly hired employees to work in the United States.
- Free web service for employers who want to use direct.
- Ensures a legal workforce
- Deters document and identity fraud
Certain documents activate E-Verify photo matching
- Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766)
- Permanent Resident Card (green card – Form I-551)
- U.S. Passport
- As of September 8, 2009, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) final rule requires federal contractors (and subcontractors) to use E-Verify to verify their employees’ eligibility to work legally in the United States.
- Provided in partnership by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
ESR White Paper Library
Download complimentary white papers written by experts from the ESR Leadership Team.
ESR ESR Webinars
ESR webinars live and on demand. View a variety of topics from the ESR Leadership Team & guest speakers.
View The ESR News Blog
The latest news affecting the background checks and safe hiring from an industry leader.
Join Our Monthly Newsletter
Find out about upcoming seminars and speaking engagements, news & more.
SIGN ME UP
Background Screening Services You Might Want To Include: