Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) specializes in ensuring Tribal Gaming Commissions and Agencies to maintain the highest integrity of their licensees, vendors and employees. ESR is instrumental in helping tribal gaming commissions in their compliance with screening obligations.
- ESR fully understands the sovereign nation status that tribal governments hold and the exceptions from laws or parts of laws that ordinarily govern employment in the United States.
- ESR understands that The Indian Gaming Regulatory Act (IGRA) authorizes the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) to promulgate regulations and guidelines to implement IGRA’s provisions and that those regulations found in 25 CFR Part 501-585.
- ESR has created an agreement in cooperation with the many tribes it serves that makes the appropriate acknowledgments and certifications as to the tribe’s sovereign nation status, while at the same time allowing ESR to fulfill its obligations under federal and state laws that governs it activities.
- Because the company is knowledgeable about tribal gaming requirements and how the laws differ, we are well suited to serve as an Indian gaming commission screening provider.
- ESR has the ability to support screening needs in emerging opportunities such as cannabis organizations.
ESR is an Associate Member of the National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA) that works closely with Sovereign Nations offering Class III gaming to ensure timely and accurate background checks. ESR provides specialized background screening services to Indian gaming agencies and possesses a unique understanding of what regulators require and expect in the area of screening and investigations.