- ESR is accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) – formerly the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) – Background Screening Agency Accreditation Program (BSAAP).
- ESR undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 data security audits to confirm it meets high standards set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for protecting consumer information.
ESR has self-certified its organization’s adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for data transfers between the European Union (EU), Switzerland, and the United States (U.S.).
ESR is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant ensuring the safe handling of all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) at every step in the process.
ESR is a founding member of a group of 200 like-minded Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) called ConcernedCRAs whose members oppose the processing of consumer reports outside of the U.S.
ESR has earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau (BBB), the highest possible rating based on how a business is likely to interact with its customers.
- ESR performs all work performed in the USA while some CRA’s process work in India and the Philippines putting personally identifiable information at risk with no recourse.
- ESR Assured Compliance System provides automated real-time Federal and State law compliance functionality to offer legal compliance unequalled in the industry.
- ESR exclusively uses up to date primary sources of information with no aggregated 3rd party databases or sources that are not courthouse equivalent.
- ESR keeps clients informed on changes in law and legal requirements through its daily blog, regular newsletters, and social media.
ESR Founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen founded ESR in 1997 to promote a safe and profitable workplace for employers, employees, and the public. He is a nationally recognized background check expert and author of "The Safe Hiring Manual," the first comprehensive guide to employment screening. He is a frequent presenter on safe hiring issues and his speaking appearances for "ESR Speaks" include numerous state and national conferences. He was also on the steering committee that founded the NAPBS and served as first co-chair
ESR President and Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) Brad Landin is a background screening industry veteran with 35 years of experience in background screening operations, as well as legal compliance. He spearheaded ESR’s rise to being “The Background Check Authority®” and the only screening provider offering automated real-time compliance with new screening regulations in a totally paperless environment. He is an active participant in the NAPBS.
ESR Vice President Strategic Growth Dawn Standerwick brings 25 years of experience in all facets of workforce screening solutions with extensive knowledge of background screening, drug testing, and occupational health testing. Standerwick is a long time member of the Board of Directors for the NAPBS and was elected Chair of the NAPBS for the 2016-17 term. She is actively involved on the NAPBS government relations committee and participates in legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the association.