- ESR is accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) – formerly the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) – Background Screening Agency Accreditation Program (BSAAP).
- ESR undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 data security audits to confirm it meets high standards set by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) for protecting consumer information.
ESR has self-certified its organization’s adherence to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework for data transfers between the European Union (EU), Switzerland, and the United States (U.S.).
ESR is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliant ensuring the safe handling of all Personally Identifiable Information (PII) at every step in the process.
ESR is a founding member of a group of 200 like-minded Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs) called ConcernedCRAs whose members oppose the processing of consumer reports outside of the U.S.
ESR won the 2018 TekTonic Award from HRO Today Magazine for innovative and disruptive background screening technology used in the ESR Assured Compliance® system.
- ESR performs all work performed in the USA while some CRA’s process work in India and the Philippines putting personally identifiable information at risk with no recourse.
- ESR Assured Compliance System provides automated real-time Federal and State law compliance functionality to offer legal compliance unequalled in the industry.
- ESR exclusively uses up to date primary sources of information with no aggregated 3rd party databases or sources that are not courthouse equivalent.
- ESR keeps clients informed on changes in law and legal requirements through its daily blog, regular newsletters, and social media.
ESR Founder Attorney Lester Rosen founded ESR in 1997 to promote a safe and profitable workplace for employers, employees, and the public. He is a nationally recognized background check expert and author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” the first comprehensive guide to employment screening. He was also on the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) and served as the first co-chair.
James “Jim” Crockett joined Employment Screening Resources (ESR) in November of 2000 and assumed his current role as Executive Vice President, Operations and Finance in September of 2011. Jim oversees all aspects of the company’s operations, financial matters, and facilities security. He is also a licensed private investigator in the State of Nevada (NV PI #1703).
ESR Vice President Strategic Growth Dawn Standerwick brings 25 years of experience in all facets of workforce screening solutions with extensive knowledge of background screening, drug testing, and occupational health testing. Standerwick is a long time member of the Board of Directors for the PBSA and was elected Chair of the PBSA for the 2016-17 term. She is actively involved on the PBSA government relations committee and participates in legislative advocacy efforts on behalf of the association.
The most selective companies trust ESR to manage their screening programs.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is a global background check firm that is a strategic choice for employers who need accuracy and compliance in their background screening programs.
ESR is accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) – formerly the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) – and undergoes yearly SSAE 18 SOC 2® Type 2 audits to ensure the privacy, security, and confidentiality of consumer information.
ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen wrote the book on background checks with “The Safe Hiring Manual.” Contact us today to learn more about our services and solutions.