Employment Screening Resources (ESR) offers three global sanction and watch list options that are recommended for any company that has a federal, state, or contractual mandate to check these foreign databases as well as those wishing to check the broadest range of international excluded parties and sanctions databases of those involved in or supporting terrorism and/or narcotics trafficking
ESR Criminal Insight search is a broad multi-state/multi-jurisdiction criminal database search and consists of criminal records, state level sex offender records and national and international watch lists. The watch list dataset includes nearly 200 state, federal and international sanction and exclusion watch lists to assist users in their compliance with the USA Patriot Act and watch lists as provided by states, U.S. and foreign governments.
ESR’s Level 1 Global Terrorist and Sanction search is more far-reaching than the sources included in the ESR Criminal Insight report and expands to include a more expansive search of U.S. and global sanctions, terrorist watch lists, sex offender registries, enforcements and warnings from the United States, foreign governments and international watch list sources. This is an extensive search that includes information from the following sources:
- OFAC Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Blocked Persons
- OFAC Sanctioned Countries, including Major Cities and Ports
- Non-Cooperative Countries and Territories
- Department of State Trade Control (DTC) Debarred Parties
- U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security (formerly BXA) Denied Persons and Entities
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Most Wanted Terrorists and Seeking Information
- FBI Top Ten Most Wanted
- INTERPOL Most Wanted List
- Bank of England Sanctions List
- Canadian Sanctions List (OSFI)
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List
- Politically Exposed Persons List
- European Union Terrorism List
- World Bank Ineligible Firms
ESR’s Level 2 Global Terrorist and Sanction search delivers the broadest range of international excluded parties, sanctions databases and those involved in or supporting terrorism and/or narcotics trafficking. Our most extensive product, it includes sanctions, enforcements and warnings from enforcement agencies, criminal courts and investigative news sources around the world. It also includes an expansive search of individuals and companies known or suspected to be affiliated with terrorism, animal rights, money laundering, drug trafficking, arms dealing, war crimes, white collar fraud, or other illegal activities, as well as “Politically Exposed Persons” (PEPs), their family members and close associates.
- Government Sanction Lists: U.S. OFAC Specially Designated Nationals (SDN), Bank of England, Home Office proscribed Lists, United Nations Consolidated List, Global Money Laundering Database, World Bank International Investment Disputes, International Court of Justice, Corrupt Government Officials Database, Interpol Most Wanted, Dubai Police Most Wanted, and International War Crimes Tribunal. Additionally a search of overseas regulatory authorities and will determine if an applicant has been listed as barred or received censor. Some of the authorities searched include US SEC, Alberta Securities Commission, British Columbia SEC, Ontario SEC, Pakistan SEC, India SEC Board, Hong Kong SEC, Malaysian SEC, Japan SEC and Surveillance Commission, Indonesian Capital Market Supervisory Agency, New Zealand SEC, Thailand SEC, Bangladesh SEC, Australian SEC and Investment CO, UK FSA, and Lloyds of London Enforcement Lists: Over 300 credibly published enforcement, embargo and denied parties lists from around the world are mined to populate the knowledge base and build the most universally comprehensive enforcement inventory. Examples include Security and Exchange Commissions, State Attorney warnings and Central Bank notices.
- Media Sources Database: Consists of over 15,000 sources including newspapers, periodicals, digital media wikis, blogs, press releases, pod casts and other similar sources.
- Public Court Records: Regularly updated open source information including public records, judicial transcripts and orders, cross border judicial requests and other public sector materials.
Contact ESR for more information about sanction and global watch list searches.
ESR webinars live and on-demand. View a variety of topics from the ESR Leadership Team & guest speakers.