Form I-9 and E-Verify are post-employment functions that confirm employment eligibility of new hires. ESR provides a robust solution that simplifies the process enabling employers to compliantly verify work status and electronically capture and retain required Form I-9 information without redundant data entry.
We provide a robust solution that simplifies the process for employers to compliantly verify work status and electronically capture required Form I-9 information without redundant data entry.
Citizens of the United States
Noncitizen nationals of the United States
Lawful Permanent Residents
Aliens authorized to work.
Employers are required to verify the identity and employment authorization documents of employees hired after November 6, 1986. Not required for employers to have a Form I-9 for employees hired on or before this date.
Complete and retain a Form I-9 for each employee.
Employers may delegate authority to complete the Form I-9 to a third party, but, employers still retain liability for any errors.
Includes 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
E-Verify is an employment eligibility verification program run by the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) that provides access to federal databases to determine the legal right of newly hired employees to work in the United States.
- Free web service for employers who want to use direct.
- Ensures a legal workforce
- Deters document and identity fraud
- Certain documents activate E-Verify photo matching
- Employment Authorization Document (Form I-766)
- Permanent Resident Card (green card – Form I-551)
- U.S. Passport
- As of September 8, 2009, the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) final rule requires federal contractors (and subcontractors) to use E-Verify to verify their employees’ eligibility to work legally in the United States.
- Provided in partnership by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
ESR webinars live and on-demand. View a variety of topics from the ESR Leadership Team & guest speakers.