Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
As 2019 draws to a close, leading global background check provider Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is reviewing what the company accomplished during the year – including being named a top pre-employment screening firm – while working to ensure continued success in 2020. Here are some highlights for ESR in 2019.
- January 2019: ESR Releases Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2019 – ESR released its 12th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2019 that feature emerging and influential trends in the background screening industry for the coming year. Since 2008, ESR has selected background check trends that have substantially impacted the future of the screening industry. ESR founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Attorney Lester Rosen hosted a webinar titled “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2019.”
- May 2019: ESR Moves to New Offices to Support Growth and Enhance Client Service – ESR announced the relocation of its Sacramento, California office to a new building intended to enhance the client experience and accommodate their continuous business growth. “We are delighted to announce the opening of our new office,” said ESR President Brad Landin. “We attribute our rapid growth to the response from the market related to ESR’s compliance technology, relentless client focus, and ability to serve our multi-national clients.”
- May 2019: ESR VP of Strategic Growth Dawn Standerwick Selected NAPBS Volunteer of the Month for May 2019 – The National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) selected ESR Vice President of Strategic Growth Dawn Standerwick as the NAPBS Volunteer of the Month for May 2019. “Our association is driven by volunteers and our collective efforts make a real difference in our profession,” said Standerwick, who was previously recognized as the longest serving Board member in the history of the NAPBS with nine years of service that included Chair of the NAPBS Board of Directors.
- May 2019: ESR Completes NAPBS 3-Year Interim Audit for BSAAP Accreditation – The NAPBS acknowledged that ESR successfully completed the 3-year interim surveillance audit that is a requirement of the Background Screening Agency Accreditation Program (BSAAP) and will continue to be listed as an NAPBS accredited company. The BSAAP has become a widely recognized seal of approval bringing national recognition to a background screening organization for its commitment to achieving excellence through high professional standards with accountability that results in continued institutional improvement.
- June 2019: ESR National Account Executive Pri Murphy Completes Term as President of PASCO Board of Directors: Pri Murphy, a National Account Executive for ESR, completed her term as President of the Board of Directors for the Professional Association of Sonoma County (PASCO), one of the largest professional Human Resources (HR) organizations in Northern California. “I look forward to PASCO’s continued growth and leadership within Sonoma County’s HR community,” said Murphy.
- September 2019: ESR CEO Lester Rosen Receives Lifetime Achievement Award From PBSA – ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen received the Mike Sankey Lifetime Achievement Award, the highest honor awarded by the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA), a non-profit trade organization representing the screening industry formerly known as the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS). The Mike Sankey Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes the outstanding contributions made during a career that advance excellence in the background screening profession. The award is named after the late Michael Sankey, who was its first recipient in 2018.
- September 2019: ESR Completes Annual Privacy Shield Self-Certification for 2019 –ESR receives notification from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration (ITA) that its annual submission for re-certification of adherence to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks that regulates the transfer of personal information from citizens of the European Union and Switzerland was accepted. ESR was one of the first adopters of Privacy Shield with an original certification date of August 12, 2016, less than two weeks after Privacy Shield officially launched. “ESR’s commitment to the privacy and the security of the information that we handle when performing due diligence background checks is foremost in our minds,” said ESR President Brad Landin. “The Department of Commerce’s acceptance of ESR’s annual submission for re-certification of our adherence to the Privacy Shield Framework is a demonstration of that obligation.”
- September 2019: ESR Successfully Completes SOC 2 Type 2 Data Security Audit for 2019 – ESR announced that independent auditors conducting an SSAE 18 SOC 2® (Service Organization Control) Type 2 audit of ESR’s operations issued ESR a SOC 2® Type 2 report that states management has maintained effective controls over the privacy, security, and confidentiality of its employee background screening system. “We are pleased that our annual SOC 2 Type 2 report once again shows ESR has appropriate controls in place to secure and protect our systems and databases,” said ESR President Brad Landin. “ESR undergoes SOC 2 Type 2 audits to demonstrate our competency in protecting the personally identifiable information of our clients and their employees from unauthorized access and use. ESR is committed to protecting all information used in our background checks.”
- November 2019: ESR Named a Top Pre-Employment Screening Service Company for Enterprise Organizations by HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen – ESR was named a top screening firm for enterprise-sized organizations based on the 2019 HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Pre-Employment Screening. ESR ranked third as an Overall Enterprise Leader and Enterprise Quality of Service Leader, and in the top ten for Enterprise Breadth of Service Leaders and Enterprise Size of Deal Leaders. “We are very grateful to our clients for expressing their feedback as part of the HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen – their voice matters greatly to ESR and there is no higher praise. We are very proud of our team of dedicated employees who provide our customers with an outstanding level of service each and every day,” said ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework, and was named to 2019 HRO Today Magazine Baker’s Dozen for Pre-Employment Screening Services. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2019 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies or using of any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.