Written By Employment Screening Resources® (ESR)
As the challenging year of 2020 draws to a close, leading global background check firm Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) is reviewing its accomplishments during the year – including being ranked the number one background screening firm – while working to ensure continued success in 2021. Highlights from 2020 included:
- February 2020: ESR released its 13th annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2020 that featured emerging and influential trends in the screening industry. Attorney Lester Rosen, ESR’s founder and chief executive officer (CEO), hosted a webinar about the trends.
- April 2020: Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, ESR founder and CEO Attorney Lester Rosen recorded a session for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) that was available on-demand for the SHRM Talent Management Virtual Conference.
- April 2020: ESR used best practices for background check processing during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic while operating under a business continuity plan that included employees working remotely in full compliance with information security policies.
- May 2020: ESR released a white paper about “Background Checks in the Age of Coronavirus” written by Attorney Lester Rosen to help employers perform due diligence background checks when hiring workers during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- August 2020: ESR announced that independent auditors conducted an SSAE 18 SOC 2® Type 2 audit and issued a report that stated ESR management maintained effective controls over the privacy, security, and confidentiality of its employee background screening system.
- September 2020: ESR received notification from the International Trade Administration (ITA) that the annual submission for its certification of adherence to the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks was finalized and effective as of September 10, 2020.
- October 2020: ESR was ranked the number one background screening firm for “Overall Enterprise Screening Leaders” and “Enterprise Quality of Service Leaders” in the 2020 HRO Today’s Baker’s Dozen Customer Satisfaction Ratings for Pre-Employment Screening.
- December 2020: Attorney Lester Rosen was named a 2020 HRO Today Magazine HR Superstar for his transforming body of work in Human Resources as a background screening leader. “I am deeply honored to be recognized for my contribution to the field,” said Rosen.
- December 2020: ESR achieved renewal of its HRCI Approved Provider status from the HR Certification Institute (HRCI®). ESR also successfully renewed its status as a SHRM Recertification Provider with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM®).
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) wishes everyone a happy and healthy New Year 2021. ESR will be closed for New Year’s Day on Friday, January 1, 2021. ESR will also close early at 2:00 PM Pacific / 5:00 PM Eastern for New Year’s Eve on Thursday, December 31, 2020. To learn more about ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2020 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.