Written By ESR News Blog Editor Thomas Ahearn
Attorney Lester Rosen, the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of leading global background check firm Employment Screening Resources® (ESR), and ESR Vice President of Strategic Growth Dawn Standerwick will host a complimentary webinar titled “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends for 2021” on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, from 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Pacific / 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Eastern. To register for this webinar, click here.
Since 2008, Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) has selected the annual “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” that have substantially impacted the future of the background screening industry. For the 14th annual list released in January 2021, Rosen and Standerwick will present a live webinar to show what trends are affecting background screening in the current year. Here are the “ESR Top Ten Background Check Trends” for 2021:
- Employers Will Continue to Adjust Background Check Processes in Recovery from Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) Lawsuits Will Continue to Serve as Compliance Signposts for Background Checks
- Accuracy of Criminal Records Used for Background Checks Will Become New Area of Litigation
- Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA) Will Continue to Strengthen Professionalism of Background Screeners
- “Gig Economy” Businesses Will Continue to Try to Build Consumer Trust Through Their Background Screening Programs
- Employers with International Background Screening Programs Will Continue to Expect Greater Proficiencies and Features
- Government Agencies Will Increase Scrutiny on How Artificial Intelligence (AI) is Used in Background Screening
- “Ban the Box” Laws and Second Chance Programs that Help Ex-Offenders Find Work Will Continue to Evolve
- Continuous Screening Will Become More Widely Adopted But Employers Must Consider Certain Factors Before Implementation
- False EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Participation Claims Will Still Be Investigated Despite Invalidation of Framework
Rosen, the author of “The Safe Hiring Manual,” was chairperson of the steering committee that founded the Professional Background Screening Association (PBSA), a non-profit organization representing the screening industry formerly known as the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), and served as first co-chair. In 2019, Rosen received the PBSA Lifetime Achievement Award for his work in the industry.
Standerwick has more than 25 years of experience in all facets of workforce screening solutions with extensive knowledge of background screening, drug testing, and occupational health testing. In 2018, the PBSA recognized her as the longest serving board member in its history with nine years of service, four as a Regular Director and five serving on the Executive Committee as Secretary, Treasurer, Chair Elect, Chair, and Immediate Past Chair.
Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – a leading global background check firm that was ranked the number one background screening service company for enterprise organizations by HRO Today Magazine’s Baker’s Dozen in 2020 – is accredited by the PBSA, undergoes annual SOC 2® Type 2 audits, and adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework. To learn more about services and solutions from ESR, visit www.esrcheck.com.
NOTE: Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) does not provide or offer legal services or legal advice of any kind or nature. Any information on this website is for educational purposes only.
© 2021 Employment Screening Resources® (ESR) – Making copies of or using any part of the ESR News Blog or ESR website for any purpose other than your own personal use is prohibited unless written authorization is first obtained from ESR.